Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Earthquake

I want to let everybody know that I am fine. Day before yesterday (Monday morning the 6th) there was a 6.3 magnitude earthquake in L'Aquila, Italy, about 100 kilometers east southeast of Orvieto. I was in Florence at the time of the quake, and I didn't feel anything.

Some of my classmates in Orvieto said they noticed some shaking, but it wasn't very significant. It's really weird to think of this tragedy happening this close to me. Italian tv keeps showing video and images from L'Aquila, revealing the destruction and showing the search for survivors. Last I heard the death toll was 209 with around 20 people still missing.

Thanks for your concern for me, please keep the victims and their families in your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, friend! It's good to know you're ok.
    By the way, I'm living with Lisa Allen next year. And I've never met her before. But I'm pretty excited about it.

    ReplyDelete