Saturday, January 24, 2009

stuff's happening.

Orvieto is a very medieval city. The streets wind all over, there's no straight lines in the whole town. It almost feels like you're in a maze the entire time. There are few wide open spaces. But when you go to the edge of the city, by a cliff, the view of the surrounding countryside is incredible. I haven't taken many pictures around town though, because I know I'm going to be living here for four months. But I did go picture taking a few nights ago. I wish I would have brought my tripod, but thats alright, it would have just taken up too much room I suppose.



I just got back to Orvieto from Rome. I spent a couple days there. On the first day our professors took us on a whirlwind tour of a few sites throughout the city, and then let us go to do our own thing. It was cool, but a little weird being back there so soon. It feels really normal being there, and now I really know how to get around in the city. So, needless to say, some of the awe of seeing these places was a little less than it was the first time, but St. Peter's was still cool. I tried to not take any repeat photos. It was a very wet day.


1 comment:

  1. love the reflection pic! Good stuff,

    Miss you around here =(

    Nate

    ReplyDelete