Monday, February 16, 2009

I did some more things.....

Welcome to Florence!
Went to Florence again this weekend. This time I stayed there Friday and Saturday night. I booked a hostel by myself, just so I could have the freedom to do what I want, when I wanted. It was really fun. Florence is a great city. I really enjoyed being there again. We had a tour of the Uffizzi Gallery with our Italian history professor. That was interesting, but it is just kind of hard to pay attention to someone talking about paintings for such a long time. My attention span is just not that incredible.

This is that token view of Florence from the Piazza Michelangelo. It really is a great place to hang out and watch the sun set.

Roommates! on the overlook of Florence.

This is a Russian church that was near my hostel. I coudn't get inside because the gates were closed, so I just looked at it from the outside. It reminded me of being in Russia....

Some friends that are studying in Castiglion Fiorentino met us there in Florence, that was a great suprise, so I hung out with them for the rest of the day.

Saturday was a pretty relaxing day. We just took our time going places and hung out in lots of piazzas for a really long time, just enjoying the sun and being there. I had McDonald's for lunch and it seemed like the best hamburger I've had in my life. It tasted so good. ohh yeah. I love overseas McDonalds.

We are leaving on Wednesday morning for our trip to southern Italy. We will visit Pompeii, Amalfi, and Naples. Then I'm off to Denmark! I am going to visit Sara! I fly to Copenhagen from Rome on Friday evening. I cannot wait to see my amazing girlfriend. I'll be there for 3 days (I'm skipping a couple days of class, but its totally worth it).

So...we just finished our first project and we have presentations today in about 30 minutes... I guess I'll go think about what I'm gonna say.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Sounds like you are having a blast. I want to go to Florence! Bradley and I will be in Venice over Spring break but I don't know if we will make it to Florence. The Russian church looks so amazing. I am excited you get go see Sara. That will be fun. So yes we will be here that weekend and would love to hang out! We don't have a cell phone but we have skype and we check our emails and facebook regularly. There are lots of places we could make a meeting place. Let us know what you are planning and we will make it happen. Have a great day!

    Gracia

    ReplyDelete
  2. your roommate pic made me think that you guys really could be the next 'nsync or backstreet boys....
    maybe talk it over with the guys.

    ReplyDelete